Monday, April 25, 2011

2 Weeks Out - A Dream Takes Shape

Wow!  I cannot hardly believe that I've been out of Schick for two weeks already!  It seems so surreal most days that I actually did it, that I actually made it to rehab and completed the treatment...but I did.  :)


One of the things that I've been experiencing since I quit drinking alcohol is dreaming.  I never really dreamed while I lived in my alcohol induced fog.  But now that the fog and spider webs created by the booze are beginning to clear, my sleep just before waking is filled with very vivid and memorable dreams.  Very much my subconscious working out the details of the issues in my life, bringing clarity and focus and thoughts of creative resolutions to these issues.  And with my state of employment currently qualified as UNemployed, it wasn't so shocking that my dreams this morning centered around how to make a living to support my family.  I had a very inspiring dream about following my passion for writing and somehow turning that into a career.  


Part of that dream was how to get the practical experience or more appropriately, the PRACTICE experience of writing to an audience, while keeping the topic something I actually WANT to write about, AND where to start...and well...I'M HERE!  Ha!  Yep, that's right, or that's WRITE...I thought what better way to practice to an audience, than to start a blog that I can use as a sort of therapeutic journal and talk to my audience (aka: YOU) like the trusted friends and confidants that you are?  So I am going for it, as they say!  


You are now front row seated for the birth of my dream, spawned from the afterbirth of my alcoholism, the virtual rebirth of me.  This is my story, the story of me, and how I broke free from the chains of addiction to alcohol, what's brought me here and where I'm going.  As I share my daily struggle, as a real person, an ordinary person, a person who could be your daughter, your aunt, your sister, your cousin, your mother...a person who could be the girl next door or the teacher in your child's classroom, because that's what an alcoholic looks like.  That's what I look like.  I look like nobody and everybody you've ever known.  I am one of the many faces of alcoholism, but I am not my disease, I am me...I AM REAL.

1 comment:

  1. You go Girl! :) Looking forward to reading more and seeing you again in a few weeks. Love, Bre

    ReplyDelete